If you are considering attending an outpatient alcohol rehab in Delray Beach, Florida, it is important to understand what you can expect during treatment. First and foremost, making the decision to seek help for your addiction is one of the most important decisions you can make. Remember, each individual (and his/her addiction) is different, and the right treatment plan varies from person to person.
For some addicts, an inpatient program may be the most beneficial option. For other addicts, they may not have financial security nor the option to attend an inpatient program and must attend an outpatient alcohol rehab program. If you are bound to the responsibilities of children or inpatient therapy is too intense or costly, an outpatient alcohol rehab in Delray Beach, Florida is a great option.
What is Outpatient Alcohol Rehab?
Outpatient treatment is a common term used for any non-residential rehabilitation program. Most outpatient treatment programs require an individual to complete a separate alcohol detox program. A medically supervised detoxification program is generally required to ensure the overall safety of the individual.
Individuals being treated for alcohol addiction in an outpatient program will travel to a substance abuse treatment facility but able to return home after attending mandatory groups and individual therapy appointments. Unlike inpatient programs, if you choose to participate in an outpatient alcohol rehab program, you will not be under the management of medical professionals around-the-clock. However, you will be required to check-in with an addiction specialist for scheduled medication and therapy.
Outpatient treatment is an especially effective solution for young people who still must go to school. Their addiction may not be fully established, which makes a less intensive program more appropriate. It also teaches skills that can help young people adapt to the challenges of early adulthood. Outpatient therapy offers support groups that allow young people to find healthy, sober friends who will be good influences.
Working adults who have families and employers who depend on them may also find it too difficult to get away for a full inpatient program. The beauty of an outpatient program is that it allows working adults to maintain their responsibilities while still getting the treatment they need and deserve.
What to Expect During Outpatient Alcohol Treatment
Although every outpatient program is different, there are a few similarities you can expect at an outpatient alcohol rehab program in Delray Beach. Many outpatient treatment programs include counseling options, daily group meetings, exercise opportunities, and medication management.
Here are a few things you can expect upon entering an outpatient treatment center:
- Intake Assessment – When you first enter an outpatient alcohol treatment program, you will undergo an intake assessment. During this process, you will be asked many questions about your alcohol use such as how often you drink, when you had your last drink, any other substances you use, medical history, history of trauma, underlying mental health disorders, and more. Initially, you may feel the questions are invasive but these specific questions will help the medical professionals develop an individualized treatment plan for you.
- Be ready to express how you are feeling – One of the most important components of outpatient treatment in Delray Beach, Florida is addressing the root cause of your addiction. You will be pushed and expected to talk about your feelings. This is often one of the most uncomfortable aspects of outpatient and inpatient treatment, do your best to be as transparent as possible. You will participate in substance abuse education, group and individual therapy, cravings/triggers management, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), and relapse prevention training. Over time, discussing your feelings will come naturally and you will most definitely gain insight through this process.
- Soak up as much information as you can – Recovery is a learning process. You should be prepared to learn about the disease of addiction and how it directly impacts the brain. You will attend groups that discuss the consequences as well as the complex aspects of addiction. You may not find this necessary, however, this educational process will teach you about your alcoholism and yourself.
- Invest in aftercare – Outpatient treatment is the first step to beginning your journey to recovery. Aftercare is an important step in continuing your recovery. You will learn that recovery is a life-long process and you should apply what you’ve learned in treatment in real-life situations. Before you complete outpatient treatment, you will most likely be asked to create a relapse prevention plan and get connected to an outside 12-Step Fellowship. Oftentimes, your outpatient alcohol rehab will offer you the option to continue with therapy.
Benefits of Outpatient Alcohol Rehab in Delray Beach, Florida
There are many benefits of attending an outpatient alcohol rehab program in Delray Beach, Florida.
- Outpatient rehab is structured so you can maintain your commitments such as school, work, caring for children, and other responsibilities.
- Therapy sessions are often offered on nights and weekends to provide flexibility for outpatient alcohol rehab patients.
- As you are learning new coping and life skills, you can apply these to your life immediately.
- You are able to connect with sober support outside the confines of the outpatient alcohol rehab center you are attending.
- Generally, outpatient rehab programs are more affordable than inpatient treatment because you will not have to pay for room and board.
- Beneficial for patients who are looking to continue their follow up treatment after leaving residential or inpatient treatment.
- Patients who have a supportive group of friends, family, and relatives often benefit from outpatient alcohol rehab.
- Beneficial for patients who are self-motivated and willing to make changes in their lives, allowing them to be committed to their recovery goals and keep a strict schedule.
Outpatient Alcohol Rehab at Harmony
Are you ready to get sober, but feel tied down by life and family commitments? Has your loved one found the motivation to get clean, but can’t take time off work to make it happen? If you have a strong desire to succeed in sober living, a disciplined worth ethic and a genuine commitment to recovering, outpatient addiction treatment is an excellent option.
Outpatient rehab treatment at Harmony Healing Center helps people recover while attending to their existing life responsibilities. It doesn’t have to be one or the other; you can have both. If you follow program requirements and prioritize the mandatory sessions, you can maintain your work, family, and life obligations. Call us today!