Blue Cross Blue Shield: Addiction Treatment

Choosing substance use rehab facilities, finding the right program, and determining financial eligibility can quickly get overwhelming. If you’re looking for drug or alcohol addiction treatment programs and have questions or concerns, you are not alone.

Harmony Healing Center works hard to ensure that finding addiction treatment services is simple. We aim to find a personalized solution for you and work with your insurance company to ensure you are covered.

Contact us today to take the first steps in your drug and alcohol rehab journey. Proper substance use treatment is within your reach.

Understanding Your Insurance Plan

If you’re new to insurance, or are trying to better understand your plan, there are a few key terms to keep in mind to understand your insurance coverage. Usually your insurance provider will explain all of these to you when you enroll in a plan.

However, here are some of the most important insurance terms to know.

Key Insurance Terms
  • Deductible: This is the amount of money you will have to pay out of your own pocket each year before insurance begins to cover. Usually these reset yearly.
  • Copayment: Your copay is often the set amount of money you will have to pay for a specific purpose. 
  • Premium: This is the monthly cost of your insurance plan that you pay for. 
  • Coinsurance: This is usually the percentage you’ll pay out of pocket compared to what insurance will cover.

About Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance

Originally founded in 1929, Blue Cross Blue Shield is one of the most commonly held insurance providers. Currently, they cover health insurance for around 33% of Americans. 

Blue Cross Blue Shield is a health insurance federation, which contains around 35 sister insurance companies. The entire corporation covers around 110 million Americans. 

They offer a range of coverages including dental insurance, vision insurance, medical insurance, as well as mental health services and addiction treatment services. 

Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance Plans

Depending on the state you live in, Blue Cross Blue Shield has varying offers for mental health and behavioral health coverage. BCBS may also partner with your current health insurance plan to provide additional coverage for substance use disorder treatment. 

Generally, BCBS insurance covers the majority of medical costs for initial mental health assessments, detox, medication assisted treatment, mental health therapy, inpatient treatment, and outpatient treatment program coverage. Depending on your plan, you may have differing costs for drug addiction or alcohol abuse treatment. 

Here are the various insurance provider plans that Blue Cross Blue Shield offers. 

Types of BCBS Plans

Bronze Tier Plan: This is the most cost-effective of all of the options. You will pay a very low monthly premium in order to have this plan. However, there will be a higher deductible you will have to meet before coverage, as well as a higher out-of-pocket cost. 

With this plan, BCBS will cover 60% of all approved health care costs.

Silver Tier Plan: This plan is the next level up. You will pay a slightly higher premium here than with the bronze plan. However, you will have a lower deductible to meet before you are covered. This plan also offers slightly lower out-of-pocket costs. 

BCBS will cover 70% of health care costs in this plan.

Gold Tier Plan: One of the higher offerings, this plan will have a higher premium than the previous two, but your deductible will be very small before coverage. 

In this plan, BCBS will cover 80% of health care costs while you cover the remaining 20% out-of-pocket. 

Platinum Tier Plan: The final plan, premium, is the most comprehensive of all of the plans. Here you will pay the most monthly in premiums, but will have little to no deductible.

BCBS will cover at least 90% of the health care costs leaving you with only 10% out-of-pocket. 

Some states also offer BCBS “Catastrophic” Plans, which have the lowest monthly premium, but are meant to be used in emergencies, as the out-of-pocket costs and deductibles are extremely high.

BCBS Substance Abuse Treatment

After the passing of the Affordable Care Act in 2014, health insurance providers cannot deny coverage or charge additional premium fees for pre-existing conditions. 

Due to the mental health care and substance abuse treatment services needed to treat addiction, health insurance companies are required to classify substance use disorders as pre-existing conditions.

BCBS Mental Health Care Coverage

Generally, your Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance policy will usually cover some combination for drug and alcohol addiction treatment, depending on your plan level:

  • Medical detox services including medication assisted treatment and medication management
  • Inpatient treatment or residential rehab
  • Partial hospitalization programs
  • Intensive outpatient treatment programs
  • Sober living and other continuing care after-discharge options
  • Dual diagnosis treatment for other mental health conditions in addition to substance abuse

Outpatient Rehab With Harmony Outpatient

Harmony Healing Center’s treatment facility works with you to find the best outpatient plan for your addiction treatment center needs. 

Our treatment centers offer partial hospitalization programs, intensive outpatient programs, and a standard outpatient track.

Our treatment providers can work with you to find the best substance abuse treatment options and create individualized recovery treatment plans.

Treatment costs should not deter you from the drug and alcohol recovery services you deserve!

Contact Our Facility Today

Substance use addiction treatment is within your reach! Contact us today at Harmony Healing Center. You can verify your insurance carrier through our online form here.