Seeking addiction treatment services for the first time can be overwhelming. Between choosing a treatment facility, program type, and determining financials, it is easy to be scared away by the process of seeking drug and alcohol rehab services. 

At Harmony Healing Center, we work hard to ensure that treatment for your substance use disorder isn’t scary. We aim to find the most personalized solution for you and work with your insurance provider to ensure that treatment is within your reach. 

Contact us today to take the first steps in your substance abuse treatment journey. 

Understanding Your Insurance Plan

If you’re new to insurance or are trying to better understand your plan, there are a few key terms to keep in mind to understand your insurance coverage. Usually, your insurance provider will explain these to you when you enroll in a plan.

However, here are some of the most important insurance terms to know:

  • Deductible: This is the amount of money you will have to pay out of your own pocket each year before insurance begins to cover. Usually these reset yearly.
  • Copayment: Your copay is often the set amount of money you will have to pay for a specific purpose. 
  • Premium: This is the monthly cost of your insurance plan that you pay for. 
  • Coinsurance: This is usually the percentage you’ll pay out of pocket compared to what insurance will cover. 

About Anthem Blue Cross Insurance

Anthem Inc., or Anthem insurance, was founded in 2004. Currently, Anthem insurance is the largest provider in the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, which contains 36 insurance companies. 

As of now, Anthem is available in fourteen states for coverage. Those states include California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New York, Ohio, Virginia, and Wisconsin. Between the covered states, Anthem has around 40 million insurance subscribers. 

Types of Anthem Insurance Plans

Currently, Anthem health insurance company is on a four-tier plan system. Here are the following health insurance coverage plans.

Anthem Insurance Plans 

Bronze Plan: For those needing a cost-effective plan, Anthem’s bronze option is a good choice. While you will have the lowest monthly premium of the plans, you will likely have to pay much more out-of-pocket and have higher deductibles. In this plan, Anthem pays around 60% of costs while you pay the remaining 40%.

Silver Plan: This plan offer slightly higher monthly premiums with a smaller deductible and out-of-pocket cost. Anthem will cover around 70% of costs, while you are responsible for the remaining 30%.

Gold Plan: One of the most common Anthem plans, this offers the highest monthly premiums of the previous three plans. However, you will only be responsible for around 20% of the costs while Anthem covers the remaining 80%.

Platinum Plan: Some stated will also offer the “Anthem Platinum Plan.” This plan will be the most expensive of all plans, but will have little to no deductible. With this plan, you are only responsible for around 10% of the costs. 

Additionally, if you live in California, Indiana, Kentucky, Nevada, Virginia, or Wisconsin, you may be eligible for certain Medicaid coverage plans through Anthem Blue Cross. 

Get Substance Abuse Treatment with Anthem Blue Cross Insurance

After the passing of the Affordable Care Act in 2014, health insurance providers cannot deny coverage or charge additional premium fees for pre-existing conditions. 

Due to the mental health care and substance abuse treatment services needed to treat addiction, health insurance companies are required to classify substance use disorder as a pre-existing condition. 

Anthem Behavioral and Mental Health Coverage

Generally, Anthem Blue Cross rehab coverage insurance will cover some combination of drug and alcohol addiction treatment, depending on your plan level:

  • Detoxification services, including medication assisted treatment and medication management
  • Inpatient treatment or residential rehab
  • Partial hospitalization programs
  • Intensive outpatient treatment programs
  • Sober living and other continuing care after-discharge options
  • Dual diagnosis treatment for other mental health conditions in addition to substance abuse
  • Behavioral health services (mental health services)

Outpatient Rehab with Harmony Outpatient

Harmony Healing Center works with you to find the best plan for your addiction treatment and sustained recovery. 

We offer partial hospitalization programs, intensive outpatient treatment, and a standard outpatient track that are in network with Anthem rehab coverage.

We work with you to find the best treatment options and create individualized treatment plans.

If you are searching for rehab centers in South Florida, Harmony Outpatient is here to help. Substance addiction treatment is within your reach – contact us today. You can verify your insurance benefits through our online form here